|It was news then - Jan. 15, 2013|
|Written by Staff Reports|
|Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:44 AM|
One Year Ago
• Nominations for the second annual Hall of Honor induction are currently being sought in an effort to recognize outstanding graduates, or former employees of the district, as well as any others whose achievements have reflected positively upon the Delphos City School District in some significant way.
25 Years Ago — 1988
• Twenty-one people from the Delphos community participated in the “I’ve Been Back to School Day” Wednesday at Franklin Elementary and Jefferson High School. The community guest teachers participated in teaching functions and duties that take place during a typical school day.
• St. John’s wrestlers brought home a seventh-place finish in the Cory Rawson “A” Classic. The coaching staff was really pleased with the wrestling of sophomore Shawn Kimmet. Coach Tom Merschman also noted he was pleased with freshman Mike Kramer, who recorded three pins. Also wrestling well were brothers Don and Dan Vonderwell and Randy Holdgreve.
• Washington Township trustees held a re-organizational meeting. Neal Youngpeter was chosen chairman of the board and Cletus Baumgarde was chosen vice-chairman. Vince Hoersten is the other trustee, and Jim Mox is clerk.
50 Years Ago — 1963
• The annual stockholders meeting of the Middle Point Banking Company was held Monday afternoon in the directors room of the bank. The annual election of directors took place with the following being elected: Arlo D. Pollock, Edith Ringwald, J. Art Ringwald, Harlan Taylor and Paul V. Scott.
• It was announced at the meeting of the Eagles Auxiliary, held Monday night in the Eagles club rooms, that the local drill and degree teams will go to St. Marys Wednesday night to conduct the initiatory work and the past presidents and charter members ceremonies. There were 36 members present for the meeting. Elpha Drury’s name was selected in the hot-seat drawing.
• Mrs. Harry Bellis gave the devotions for the meeting of the Daughters of Ruth Class held Monday night at Trinity Methodist Church. Flora Gallaspie presented the lesson. Following the meeting refreshments were served by Mrs. Roy Feathers, Mrs. Dell Cochensparger, Lola Wilson, Mrs. Marion Wells and Mrs. Paul Geier.
75 Years Ago — 1938
• The delegation of members of the board of directors of the Allen County Agricultural Society (Delphos Fair Board) have returned after being in attendance at the annual meeting of the Ohio Fair Managers Association. Those who attended from here were Art O. Wulfhorst, Ed. Busch, Fred Buettner and Henry Lang.
• The Jefferson auditorium was filled to near capacity Thursday night when the members of the Jefferson High School junior and senior bands and the sixth grade Saxette class presented a program. The program was under the direction of K. W. Findley and those in attendance were delighted with the advancement being made by the pupils in the music department of the public schools.
• A paper on the Commandments was presented by Loretta Bockey Thursday evening at the regular meeting of the C. L. of C. Study Club conducted in the council rooms. Rosemarie Shaffer led the discussion and Dr. John L. Sassen offered contributory remarks. At the next meeting of the study club to be held in two weeks, Mrs. Henry German will give a paper and Mrs. T. J. Stallkamp will serve as the leader of discussion.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:52 AM|