|ODOT releases local road report|
|Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:29 AM|
The following is a weekly report concerning construction and maintenance work on state highways within the Ohio Department of Transportation District 1, which includes the counties of Allen, Defiance, Hancock, Hardin, Paulding, Putnam, Van Wert and Wyandot.
Interstate 75 Reconstruction Project
For the most recent information concerning the Interstate 75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County and the safety upgrade of Ohio 117/309 on Lima’s east side, please visit: www.odotlima75.org
Traffic on Interstate 75 from south of Ohio 117/309 to just south of Fourth Street will be restricted today to one lane in each direction for most of the day. The restrictions will allow crews to place pavement striping and move concrete barrier wall in preparation for the reconstruction of the ramps at the Fourth Street interchange. The restrictions could begin as early at 7 a.m.
· Until the barrier wall is moved, temporary closures of the northbound exit and southbound entrance ramps at Fourth Street and Interstate 75 will be necessary as well today. Only one ramp at a time will be closed beginning as early as 7 a.m. The northbound exit ramp will be the first to close and is expected to reopen by noon. The southbound entrance ramp is expected to reopen early evening.
· The ramp closures are not expected to significantly impact traffic for the Ohio National Championship Motorcycle Races today at the fairgrounds as the ramps will be open by the conclusion of the event.
· Traffic wishing to enter northbound or southbound I-75 will be directed to enter at the Ohio 117/309 interchange. Message boards will be placed at Fourth Street directing traffic to enter at Ohio 117/309.
· Beginning July 8, the I-75 northbound entrance and exit ramps at Fourth Street will be closed for reconstruction. The ramps are expected to reopen prior to the Allen County fair which begins August 16.
· Occasional nighttime lane closures will continue on Interstate 75 throughout the zone from Fourth Street to Ohio 81 generally from 7 p.m. until approximately 10 a.m. the following day. Normal traffic patterns of two lanes in each direction will resume during daytime hours.
· Motorists should be aware that all entrance and exit ramp merge areas have been shortened throughout the project area. Drivers on Interstate 75 are encouraged to use the passing lane through the zone if they do not wish to exit. Signs advising this have been placed throughout the project area.
Interstate 75 between Fourth Street and Ohio 81 in Lima will have occasional nighttime lane restrictions during reconstruction of the existing lanes of pavement, replacement of mainline bridges and reconstruction of the interchanges. Work began in March 2013 and will continue through fall of 2015. Traffic is maintained two lanes in each direction the majority of the time. Lane restrictions generally occur from 7 p.m. until 10 a.m. the following morning. All ramp entrance and exits are currently available.
Ohio 117/309 is one lane in each direction in the eastbound lanes from just west of the interchange with Interstate 75 to Belmont Avenue (Kmart) during a safety upgrade project which will reconstruct areas of the pavement and install a raised curb median in the center of the roadway. A two-way, left-turn lane begins at Saratoga Avenue. Traffic will remain in this pattern until mid to late summer to allow for work at the interchange at Interstate 75 and on the north side of Ohio 117/309. Access to and from Interstate 75 and Ohio 117/309 is maintained.
Ohio 81 from just west of Stewart Road to just west of Neubrecht Road east of Lima is one lane in each direction in the existing eastbound lanes for pavement reconstruction. All ramp movements are currently maintained at the interchange with Interstate 75.
U.S. 30 from Ohio 65 to Delphos will be restricted to one lane through the work zone at various locations for pavement repair.
Ohio 634 north of Cloverdale, just north of Township Road J will close July 8 for five days for a culvert replacement. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 114, Ohio 66 and Ohio 613 back to Ohio 634.
Ohio 189 over Sugar Creek in Vaughnsville for a bridge deck replacement. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 190, U.S. 224 and Ohio 115 back to Ohio 189.
Ohio 12 in Columbus Grove closed March 15 for 90 days for a sewer replacement. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 65 and Sycamore Street back to Ohio 12.
Ohio 634 between U.S. 224 and Ohio 114 closed June 24 for culvert replacements. Traffic is detoured onto Ohio 224 to Ohio 66, to Ohio 114 back to Ohio 634. The route is expected to reopen at the beginning of the week.
Ohio 108 just south of Ohio 613 closed June 17 for embankment repair. Traffic is detoured from Ohio 108 to Ohio 15 to Ohio 613 back to Ohio 108. The route will remain closed for several more weeks.
Ohio 15 north of Greensburg will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for shoulder improvement.
Van Wert County
U.S. 30 between Middle Point and Van Wert will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair.
Ohio 49 just south of Willshire will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair.
U.S. 33 in Willshire will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair.