|ODOT releases weekly road report|
|Saturday, October 12, 2013 12:41 AM|
The following is a weekly report concerning construction and maintenance work on state highways within the Ohio Department of Transportation District 1 which includes the counties of Allen, Defiance, Hancock, Hardin, Paulding, Putnam, Van Wert and Wyandot. This report is issued each week beginning in April and continues through November.
For the latest in statewide construction visit www.ohgo.com. Please contact us at 419-999-6803 with any information needs.
Construction and Maintenance Projects
Week of October 14, 2013
I-75 Reconstruction Project
For the most recent information concerning the I-75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County, and the safety upgrade of Ohio 117/309 on Lima’s east side please visit: www.odotlima75.org
I-75 between Fourth Street and Ohio 81 in Lima will have occasional nighttime lane restrictions during reconstruction of the existing lanes of pavement, replacement of mainline bridges and reconstruction of the interchanges. Work began in March 2013 and will continue through fall of 2015. Traffic is maintained two lanes in each direction the majority of the time. Lane restrictions generally occur from 7 p.m. until 10 a.m. the following morning. The following is project information for the coming week:
- Traffic in both the northbound and southbound directions is now traveling on the new concrete pavement from just south of Fourth Street to a point prior to the Ohio 117/309 interchange where traffic is then transitioned back to the existing pavement.
- Paving just north of the Ohio 117/309 interchange to Reservoir Road in the northbound lanes outside the barrier wall is largely complete. Some paving operations will continue. Traffic on I-75 could be affected at times. Motorists are cautioned to watch for concrete trucks entering and exiting the highway as the operation continues.
- Motorists should be aware that all entrance and exit ramp merge areas have been shortened throughout the project area. Drivers on I-75 are encouraged to use the passing lane through the zone if they do not wish to exit. Signs advising this have been placed throughout the project area.
Ohio 117/309 interchange
- The southbound entrance and exit ramps to and from I-75 closed on Monday and will remain closed until mid November. The closure will allow for the construction of the new ramps at the interchange and facilitate construction of the Ohio 117/309 roadway itself. Traffic wishing to access I-75 northbound or southbound will be directed to Ohio 117 east to Greely Chapel Road to Fourth Street. I-75 southbound traffic wishing to access Ohio 117/309 will be directed to Fourth Street to I-75 northbound back to Ohio 117/309.
-The entrance ramp to I-75 northbound from Ohio117/309 is closed as of Aug. 29 to allow for construction of the new northbound ramp and new northbound pavement on I-75. Traffic on Ohio 117/309 eastbound wishing to access I-75 northbound will be directed to Ohio 117, Greely Chapel Road to Fourth Street back to I-75. Ohio 117/309 westbound will be directed to Lost Creek Boulevard, Ohio 117, Greely Chapel Road and Fourth Street back to I-75.
-The exit ramp from northbound I-75 to Ohio 117/309 remains open.
Ohio 117/309 is at least one lane in each direction without a center turn lane from the interchange area with I-75 to Bowman Road near the Allen County Fairgrounds during a safety upgrade project which will reconstruct areas of the pavement and install a raised curb median in the center of the roadway. This part of the project will be completed this fall. Traffic will be affected as follows in the coming weeks:
- A change in traffic pattern began Tuesday on Ohio 117/309 between Roschman Ave. (Bob Evans) and the Allen County Fairgrounds. Traffic is now at least one lane in each direction with eastbound traffic traveling on the south side of the roadway and westbound traffic traveling on the north side of the roadway.
-Left turns into and out of businesses and residences are permitted except between Ohio117/Willard Ave. (McDonalds) and Mt. Holyoke Ave. (Taco Bell) where the median area is now permanently closed for construction of the concrete raised-curb median. U-turns are permitted westbound to go eastbound at the Ohio 117/Willard Ave. intersection and eastbound to go westbound at the Mt. Holyoke Ave. intersection.
Ohio 81 from just west of Stewart Road to just west of Neubrecht Road east of Lima is one lane in each direction in the existing eastbound lanes for pavement reconstruction. All ramp movements are currently maintained at the interchange with I-75.
-Paving of the new lanes of Ohio 81 is under way. Motorists are cautioned to be aware of equipment entering and exiting the highway throughout the work zone. Traffic is expected to be on the new lanes of the roadway by the end of the year.
I-75 southbound at Breese Road will be restricted to one lane through the work zone two days during the week for pavement repair. The restriction will be in place from approximately 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. each day. Work is being performed by the Allen County ODOT maintenance garage.
U.S. 30 just east of Ohio 115, both eastbound and westbound, will be one lane through the work zone for approximately one month for replacement of bridge approach areas. Work is being performed by BCC Ohio, New London.
Ohio 694 at Township Road 21 will be restricted to one lane through the work zone at times during drainage work. The majority of the work will take place along the roadside. Work is being performed by Platinum Painting Services, Boardman.
Ohio 65 north of Ottawa at Road T-7D will be closed beginning October 15 for four days for a railroad crossing repair. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 109, Ohio 613 back to Ohio 65. Work is being performed by Putnam County ODOT (See detour map.)
Ohio 114 just north of Kalida will be reduced to one lane through the work zone for drainage repair. Work is being performed by Putnam County ODOT.
U.S. 224 between N. Walnut Street and N. Oak Street in the village of Ottawa is now open.
U.S. 224 a half mile west of the village of Kalida to the CSX railroad in the village of Ottawa restricted to one lane through the work zone for completion of curb ramp installation and resurfacing which is expected to begin within the next two weeks. Work is being performed by Bluffton Paving, Bluffton.
Ohio 108 south of Miller City to just north of Miller City will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for installation of curb ramps and pavement resurfacing which is expected to begin within the week. Work is being performed by Bluffton Paving, Bluffton.
Ohio 694 from the Glandorf corporation limit to just north of Glandorf restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement grinding and resurfacing which is expected to begin during the week. Work is being performed by Bluffton Paving, Bluffton.
Van Wert County
Ohio 118 south of Ohio City between Ohio 81 and County Road 36 will be closed beginning Tuesday for four days for a culvert replacement project. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 81, U.S. 127 and Ohio 709 back to Ohio 118. Work is being performed by Van Wert County ODOT maintenance garage (see link to detour map).
U.S. 127/U.S. 224 just north of U.S. 30 north of Van Wert closed October 7 for 30 days for a railroad crossing repair. The following detours will be in place during the closure (See link to detour map):
-U.S. 224 westbound traffic detoured onto Ohio 637, Ohio 114, Ohio 49 and U.S. 30 back to U.S. 224
-U.S. 224 eastbound traffic detoured onto U.S. 30, Ohio 66 back to U.S. 224
-U.S. 127 northbound and southbound, and U.S. 30 accessing U.S. 127 northbound detoured onto U.S. 30, Ohio 49, Ohio 114 back to U.S. 127
-U.S. 30 eastbound accessing U.S. 127 northbound detoured onto U.S. 30, Ohio 66, U.S. 224, Ohio 637 and Ohio 114 back to U.S. 127.