|ODOT releases weekly road report|
|Friday, November 01, 2013 8:17 PM|
The following is a weekly report concerning construction and maintenance work on state highways within the Ohio Department of Transportation District 1 which includes the counties of Allen, Defiance, Hancock, Hardin, Paulding, Putnam, Van Wert and Wyandot. This report is issued each week beginning in April and continues through November.
For the latest in statewide construction, visit www.ohgo.com. Please contact us at 419-999-6803 with any information needs.
Construction and Maintenance Projects
Week of November 4, 2013
I-75 Reconstruction Project
For the most recent information concerning the I-75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County and the safety upgrade of Ohio 117/309 on Lima’s east side, please visit: www.odotlima75.org
I-75 between Fourth Street and Ohio 81 in Lima will have occasional nighttime lane restrictions during reconstruction of the existing lanes of pavement, replacement of mainline bridges and reconstruction of the interchanges. Work began in March 2013 and will continue through fall of 2015. Traffic is maintained two lanes in each direction the majority of the time. Lane restrictions generally occur from 7 p.m.-10 a.m. the following morning. The following is project information for the coming week:
-Construction of the noise walls along I-75 between Ohio 117/309 and Reservoir Road is expected to begin next week with the mobilization of materials and equipment. Foundation work for the walls is expected to begin the week of Nov. 11.
- Paving just north of the Ohio 117/309 interchange to Reservoir Road in the northbound and southbound lanes outside the barrier wall continues. During paving operations, traffic on I-75 could be affected at times. Motorists are cautioned to watch for concrete trucks entering and exiting the highway as the operation continues.
- Occasional nighttime lane closures will continue on I-75 throughout the zone from Fourth Street to Ohio 81 generally from 7 p.m. until approximately 10 a.m. the following day. Normal traffic patterns of two lanes in each direction will resume during daytime hours.
- Motorists should be aware that all entrance and exit ramp merge areas have been shortened throughout the project area. Drivers on I-75 are encouraged to use the passing lane through the zone if they do not wish to exit. Signs advising this have been placed throughout the project area.
Ohio 117/309 interchange
- The southbound entrance and exit ramps to and from I-75 closed Oct. 7 and will remain closed until late November. The closure allows for the construction of the new ramps at the interchange and facilitates construction of the Ohio 117/309 roadway itself. Traffic wishing to access I-75 northbound or southbound is directed to Ohio 117 east to Greely Chapel Road to Fourth Street. I-75 southbound traffic wishing to access Ohio 117/309 is directed to Fourth Street to I-75 northbound back to Ohio 117/309.
- The entrance ramp from Ohio 117/309 to I-75 northbound remains closed as well.
- The exit ramp from I-75 northbound to Ohio 117/309 remains open.
Ohio 117/309 is at least one lane in each direction from the interchange area with I-75 to Bowman Road near the Allen County Fairgrounds during a safety upgrade project which will reconstruct areas of the pavement and install a raised curb median in the center of the roadway. This part of the project will be completed this fall. Traffic will be affected as follows in the coming weeks:
- The project is nearing completion between Eastern Ave. (Pat’s Donuts) and the Allen County Fairgrounds.
- Over the next two weeks, work will continue on traffic signals, signs and pavement striping. Traffic will continue to be restricted during these operations to one lane in each direction.
- It is expected that by mid-November all orange traffic barrels will be removed from the roadway.
Ohio 81 from just west of Stewart Road to just west of Neubrecht Road east of Lima is one lane in each direction in the existing eastbound lanes for pavement reconstruction. All ramp movements are currently maintained at the interchange with I-75. The following are the current traffic impacts:
- All traffic on Ohio 81 from just west of Stewart Road to just west of Neubrecht Road is maintained one lane in each direction in the existing eastbound lanes during reconstruction and realignment of the existing roadway.
- Work on paving the new concrete pavement continues. It is anticipated that traffic will be traveling on the new roadway by the end of the year.
- Traffic on Neubrecht Road approaching Ohio 81 has been switched onto the new pavement on the west side of the roadway. No change in traffic pattern has resulted.
- The ramp from northbound I-75 to eastbound Ohio 81 (exit 127 A) is closed; however, access to eastbound Ohio 81 is maintained by using the existing loop ramp on the northeast side of the interchange. A temporary signal is controlling ramp traffic.
Ohio 309 at the eastbound U.S. 30 entrance ramp near Delphos will have occasional lane restrictions through the work zone during drainage work. The majority of the work will take place along the roadside.
Ohio 694 at Township Road 21 is restricted to one lane through the work zone at times during drainage work. The majority of the work is taking place along the roadside.
U.S. 224 from Ohio 65 to the corporation limit of Kalida restricted to one lane through the work zone for resurfacing, berm work and pavement markings.
Ohio 108 south of Miller City will be restricted through the work zone for placement of raised pavement markers.
Ohio 694 from the west Glandorf corporation limit to the south Glandorf corporation limit will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for installation of raised pavement markers.
Van Wert County
Ohio 116 between Ohio 81 and Township Road 18 south of Converse will be closed for five days beginning Nov. 12 for replacement of two culverts. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 81, Ohio 66 and Ohio 117 back to Ohio 116.
Brickner Road at the intersection of Ohio 697 just west of Delphos will be closed beginning Tuesday for three days for replacement of a drainage tile.