The St. Joseph Building, or St. John’s Elementary, was built in 1912-13. The cornerstone, inset, was laid in May 1912. The building was closed in by winter. Work started again in Spring 1913 but was halted for a flood. Work resumed once the floodwaters receded and students took occupancy on Oct, 21, 1913.
To read the rest of this article please subscribe or sign in