Old building being razed
Work is progressing on the razing of the oldest school structure now in existence in Delphos the St. Mary’s building at St. John’s which was erected in 1875. (Not entirely correct. The Section 10 School built in 1849 is still standing in Delphos today. R.H.) The work of removing this building is expected to be completed within the next thirty days.
When built, this building was used as school for girls while a three-story brick structure, later the German Department, was used for boys. There were then only four classrooms in the St. Mary’s building. The second floor was know as “St. Mary’s Hall” and was used theatrical productions and parish work generally.
To read the rest of this article please subscribe or sign in