FORT RECOVERY — The Blue Jays improved to 10-0 with a win over the Indians on Friday night. The Blue Jays trailed in overtime but Brady Grothaus came through in the clutch to lead Delphos past Fort Recovery 53-47.

St. John’s held a 19-11 lead after the first quarter. Brady Parrish put up eight points in the first 8:00 as the Jays got off to a quick start.

The Blue Jays extended their lead in the second quarter with help from Parrish. His basket in the paint brought the score to 21-13 before Derek Jutte responded with a jumper for the Indians.

Grothaus nailed a 2-pointer and Matthew Kahny was fouled on his way to the hoop to give St. John’s their biggest lead of the first half. Fort Recovery cut the Jays advantage down to 28-18 before halftime when Clay Schmitz hit a triple.

St. John’s shot 50-percent from the field in the first half, going 12-for-24 and outrebounded the Indians 13-to-11.

Regan Martin hit his third 3-pointer of the night to move the score to 29-21 but a putback shot by Parrish extended the Jays lead to double-digits with 5:46 remaining in the third. Schmitz nailed a jumper and a 3-pointer to cut St. John’s advantage down to five points but Grothaus responded with a 3-ball of his own to keep the Indians at bay.

Fort Recovery fired back with their sixth triple of the night but Parrish connected on a buzzerbeater and gave the Blue Jays a 37-30 lead heading into the fourth quarter.

St. John’s was outscored 2-to-1 in the final 8:00 and the Indians tied the game in the final :30 of action. Martin hit a 3-pointer for Fort Recovery and put his team within striking distance with 3:55 left on the clock. Back-to-back turnovers by the Jays led to four quick points for the Indians as they grabbed a 42-41 lead with 2:18 remaining.

A steal by Parrish and was followed by a 3-pointer from Isaac Fairchild and gave St. John’s a 44-42 advantage with under a minute to go. A foul sent Martin to the line with :28.6 left in the fourth quarter where he went 2-for-2 and tied the game.

Grothaus had a chance to end the game in regulation by his shot was blocked with :3.6 left on the clock. The Indians put up a desperation shot as time ran out but it fell short and sent the game to overtime.

Fort Recovery big man, Brian Bihn, opened things up with a 2-point bucket off the glass and gave the Indians a 46-44 advantage. Grothaus went 2-for-2 from the free-throw line and tied the game once again. Bihn fouled out of the game with 1:11 left in overtime and Parrish drained a 2-pointer to give the Jays a 48-46 lead.

Fort Recovery had several opportunities to tie the game but St. John’s battled in the paint and forced the Indians to foul. Grothaus went 2-for-2 from the line and extended the Blue Jays lead to four points. Seven seconds later he came up with a steal and was fouled again, where he went 1-for-2.

St. John’s rebounded the ball on Fort Recovery’s next possession and this time Aiden Rode knocked down a pair of free throws with :11 remaining and helped seal a 53-47 victory over Fort Recovery.

The Blue Jays won the junior varsity game 41-31.

St. John’s 19 9 9 7 9 - 53

Ft. Recovery 11 7 12 14 3 - 47

St. John’s (53)

Brady Parrish 18, Brady Grothaus 13, Matthew Kahny 7, Aiden Rode 7, Isaac Fairchild 5, Landon Elwer 3

Ft. Recovery (47)

Regan Martin 16, Clay Schmitz 12, Grant Knapke 7, Brian Bihn 6, Ryne Post 4, Derek Jutte 2